Using quiet, critical think time to reflect upon recent events is one of the most effective ways of improving.
Businesses with effective management systems will be continuously improving and becoming stronger. If however, you haven’t yet got a well established system in place, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- What really worked well for us and what didn’t?
- What do I need to improve on and what do I need to stop?
- Have we acted on the feedback received? (do we actively seek constructive feedback that will make us stronger (not just inflate our ego))
- Was the focus of individual performance aligned with the business vision?
- Did we regularly assess the risks both outside and inside the business?
- What will my measurable objectives be for next year and how will I ensure I achieve these?
Write the answers to these questions in your diary and/or put them somewhere you will see and act upon regularly.
If you have anything to add to this or felt this post added value, please say so in the comments below or message me if you’d like to know more.